|Appears in||Red Faction|
Gryphon is promoted to his position after the previous Administrator became a subject in the experiments of Ultor's head scientist, Axel Capek, and is quickly intimidated into following his line. Despite his position second in seniority in the Ultor chain-of-command on Mars, he holds little sway over Colonel Masako and most definitely isn't using his power around Capek.
He is glad to give himself up to Parker, a member of the Red Faction rebels, looking for any chance to escape the tricky position he is in, but Parker isn't quite so glad to have him along. After the Battle at the Ultor Waste Processing Facility, Parker hands Gyphon over to Orion for questioning about Capek and the Mutant Plague.
- "Stop! Don't shoot! I can help you."
- "No time to explain. Take me to Eos, i'll tell her everything i know!"
- "Put that gun away. If the guards hear, we'll be both dead."
- "You get me to Eos, Parker. I've got enough dirt on Ultor to bury it forever."
- "HURRY! Head for the Fighter!"
- "Yeah yeah, Parker, great shot. You can pose for pictures later."
- "Well, thanks Parker and good luck!"
- "And hey, don't you start calling me weasel too!"
- In Saints Row 2, another game by Volition that takes place in the same gaming universe, there is a character called Eric Gryphon, who was the Head of Projects and CEO of the Ultor Corporation.
- It is possible, in exec land in the admin building, for Gryphon to become invincible. Once reaching the last room before the loading screen - the room where you get the envirosuit, Gryphon becomes invincible. If you return to exec land you can shoot Gryphon as much as you want, or use him as a shield for all he will do is bleed without taking damage.
- In Red Faction: Guerilla, Parker mentions that he misses all his old companions who have since died - even Gryphon.